Big Peas and Little Peas is a fun name for a side dish veggie. And if the kids choose to eat just one of the two types of peas, that's okay, they're still eating peas!
- 1?2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1?3 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound frozen peas, defrosted
- Salt and pepper and a grating of nutmeg
- Fresh mint, parsley, or chives (optional)
- Remove the tips and tails from the sugar snaps, and if they have a string, pull that off as well.
- In a medium pot, bring the water to a boil, adding the pat of butter. Throw in both kinds of peas, cover with a lid, and boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain the peas and season very lightly with salt and pepper. Toss with the herbs and nutmeg. Serve right away.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.