Baked Chicken Salad is a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox, members-only giveaways and more.
Thanks to Dinner Club member Ruth M. for sharing one of her faves. She says everyone loves this meal and it can be made ahead and warmed up and served later.
Baking chicken salad takes it from picnic lunch to easy family dinner. Serve it on a bed of salad greens for a complete meal, or on a bun with a side of simple veggies.
- 1 cup croutons*
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded**
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted in oven or on stove
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard (original recipe calls for ½ cup Dijon mustard, so if you love mustard go for it!)
- *To make homemade croutons simply cut bread into 3/4 inch cubes and bake at 150 degrees until dried and toasty.
- **If you don't have left over chicken, boil 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in chicken stock.
- Mix all ingredients. Bake covered 30-35 minutes at 350°F. Bake uncovered for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve on salad greens or on buns.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.