You Can Now Export Your Cozi Calendar!
Many Cozi families have asked us for a way to export their Cozi calendar to other types of calendars, or to other Cozi accounts. We’ve heard you, and have now added this feature to Cozi!
Maybe you want to share a read-only version of your child’s Cozi calendar with an ex-spouse, or maybe you want to share part of your calendar with a child care provider or the grandparents. Whatever your reason, it’s now possible to share your calendar this way.
Sharing the calendar creates a unique URL for one family member, or for all family members. You can send this URL to someone else to be imported into another calendar application, such as Google calendar, Microsoft Outlook, Apple iCal, or another Cozi account.
Here are some important details:
When you update appointments in Cozi, the people you’re sharing with will automatically see the changes. (Depending on which calendar they’re using, it could take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours for the changes to appear.)
People you share with will see the appointments as read-only, in other words, they will not be able to edit the appointments.
You can turn sharing off at any time. If you do, no appointments from Cozi will remain visible in the other calendar. You could always share with the same person in the future by starting the process from the beginning.
Here’s how to share your calendar:
- Sign into your Cozi account, and click on Calendar
- Select the “Set up” option from the top menu on the calendar page
- Click on “Share appointments"
- On the Sharing page, click on “Not shared” next to the family member whose calendar you’d like to share. Two options pop up: "Not shared" and "Shared". Select "Shared."
- You can select an individual family member or "All" family members for this feature. (If you want to share feeds for multiple children, you’d need to select each child individually and create separate feeds for each.)
- Choose "Send URL" to send an email to the person you want to share your calendar with. The email will contain the URL and instructions for importing your Cozi calendar. (You can also view the URL at anytime and copy/paste to send again, etc.)
That’s it! We hope this new feature will be helpful to many families. Please let us know how it works for you!
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.
Posted on May 24, 2011, 6:16 pm in