Before we get to our recipe selections for January, we want to remind that January is Family Dinner-Palooza where we are spreading the word about the Cozi Family Dinner Club to help even more families get dinner on the table in 2012: If you join the Cozi Family Dinner Club before January ends you are entered to win a $50 Tango Card gift card (we are giving away four each week)!
The Cozi Family Dinner Club is all about teaming up to make dinner: sharing ideas and simplifying meal planning to help you get dinner on the table. Once a month, members get recipes sent to their inbox (the email is a great reminder to plan meals for week or month ahead) and members only giveaways.
January Recipe Selections:
Clicking the recipe title takes you to the recipe in Cozi Meals where you can save it to your recipe box, plan the meal and add ingredients to your shopping list.
Thanks to Dinner Club member Chrystal B. for sharing one of her favorite comfort foods. If you're looking for a quick, delicious soup that makes enough to feed two families, save this one in your recipe box.
Spicy Veggie Chili was a huge hit at the Cozi office so we're sharing it with the Dinner Club. It's a one-dish vegetarian meal that you can make as spicy or as low-key as you want. And it's even better the second day!
Very often we get inquiries about how to sync Cozi with Apple's iCal Calendar. Here's the scoop:
You cannot perform a full 2-way sync of Cozi with an iCal at this time, however, you can share data between the two calendars using a computer (not a mobile device). By share, I mean you can do two things:
- You can share a read-only feed of your iCal data to Cozi using iCloud.
- You can export a read-only feed of your Cozi data to an iCal. Only appointments created in Cozi will show up, so if you have imported calendars (like holidays or pro sports teams) into Cozi they will not show in the exported feed.
To Share an iCal to Cozi
1. Using your web browser on a computer, sign into your Apple iCloud account at iCloud.com:
2. Click on your Apple Calendar
3. Click to the right of the calendar you'd like to share, select Public Calendar
4. Select and copy the link URL for the calendar feed
5. Open your browser from a computer and log in to Cozi, then add the iCal:
- Go to your calendar
- Click Set up (upper right)
- Click Activity Schedules/Internet Calendars
- Scroll down and click Add an Internet Calendar
- Paste the URL into the box provided
- Click Done
That should do it! Your iCal data will now be shared via iCloud directly into Cozi.
Note: This is a read-only feed, so you will not get reminders via Cozi, nor will you be able to edit these appointments in Cozi. For those things, you will need to go back to the original iCal.
To Share Your Cozi Calendar with an iCal
1. You will NOT need iCloud to do this
2. Open your Cozi calendar (on a computer)
3. Click Set up
4. Click Share appointments
5. Click Send URL (in blue) beside the calendar you want to share (if you don't see this link, click on the words Not Shared and it will change to allow you to share)
6. Send an email to yourself (or whomever you wish to share with)
7. When the email arrives, follow the steps to import the feed from Cozi into your iCal
Note: Sometimes, when you delete an appointment in Cozi, it will still show up in iCal. This is a bug in the Apple product, so unfortunately we do not have a fix at this time.
Have more questions?
Please contact our Help Desk at http://www.cozi.com/support
Want your help desk inquiry answered in hours not days? Sign up for Cozi Gold today and get priority support!
Posted on January 10, 2012, 3:06 pm in Tips & Tricks
For the entire month of January we are giving away Tango Card gift cards to celebrate family dinner!
Here's how to enter:
1. Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club where we share family-friendly dinner recipes that are easy to add to your Cozi recipe box, shopping list and calendar. Go the Dinner Club page and enter your email address to join. (If you are already a member, great! Check #1 off your list.)
2. And since it feels so good to share a helpful tip, tell a friend about the club! Pick a way to share:
- Tell a friend about the Cozi Family Dinner Club (so you can chat about each month's recipes)
- Share the club on Facebook
- Share one of our family-friendly dinner recipes with a friend. (Go to the Cozi Family Dinner Club and click on a recipe to share. To make it easy, we have buttons at the top of each recipe page to send it by email or share it on Facebook.)
How do we know you shared with a friend? It’s the honor system, we TRUST you. (Yep, that’s just how we roll here at Cozi.) But we’d still love to hear about what you shared and how you shared it! Send us an email telling us to: [email protected]
As a thank you, you’ll be in the running to receive a $50 Tango Card gift card. We’re giving away four each week!
About the prize:
Why a Tango Card gift card? Because you’ve probably just received a gift card or two for the holidays and could use some help organizing and redeeming them. That's where the Tango Card app comes in! Download the free Tango Card app for your iPhone, iPad, or Android devices and you can do all of the following:
- Import any gift card you own and spend it online or in-store
- Use the map feature to show where you can spend your gift cards while on the go
- Set up optional reminders – helps you spend every penny
- Buy electronic Tango Card gift cards and other great Retail brands instantly
- Share via Facebook, Twitter or other social networks what you got with your gift card and close the loop between giver and recipient!
Good luck and welcome to the club - we think you'll love it! (Because when the dinner plan is all set, the dishes don’t seem so bad, right?)
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Open to legal residents of the U.S. except Rhode Island, 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Entrants must be physically located in the United States. The sweepstakes period begins Thursday, January 4, 2012 and ends at 12:00p PST on Tuesday, January 31, 2011. Full terms.