The Cozi Family Dinner Club is all about teaming up to make dinner: sharing ideas and simplifying meal planning to help you get dinner on the table. Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club to get recipes sent direct to your inbox and to enjoy all the benefits of membership.
October Recipe Selections:
Thanks to Cozi Family Dinner Club member Monica H. for this fast, delicious and healthy fish recipe! She says there is no prep and you can start with frozen fillets—great for a busy night.
Make this soup on Sunday and you'll have plenty to serve for quick meals the rest of the week. Made with inexpensive but flavorful ingredients, you'll get 8-10 servings for under $10.
Could you use some help organizing the part of your life where you coordinate classroom parents, organize bake sales, help at the school carnival, or ask for soccer snack signups? Today, we’re sharing a couple things to help simplify the work you do at the school, with sport teams, and on community events.
The first tip is to tell you about VolunteerSpot.com — a free online sign up tool that ANYONE can use to coordinate parents and volunteers easily.
With VolunteerSpot it’s simple to set up a private signup sheet or signup calendar and invite parents to help. With a few clicks of a mouse or taps on a smartphone, parent helpers can choose their spots and what to bring. Not only will VolunteerSpot save you time (and sanity) getting organized, everyone will love that you did it without those pesky reply-all email chains. And Cozi has partnered with VolunteerSpot so you can even sync your VolunteerSpot commitments to your Cozi calendar!
2. Pre-made Checklists and Plans for Upcoming School Events
Next, we’ve prepared a few lists to get you organized right now for events you might have coming up on your calendar:
- Fall Classroom Party Plans
- Organize for a Successful Bake
- Room Parent Checklist for Back to School
- To see all our lists, check out the Cozi List Library
There you have it! Tools and downloadable checklists to help you accomplish your volunteer work. Thank you for all your efforts!
Thank you to everyone who shared a favorite dessert recipe! The contest is now CLOSED. We will be narrowing down the field and performing the taste test soon.
Now, to celebrate family dinner (the way kids would love the most!), Cozi is collecting the best family desserts, and we're giving away $100 to the top three recipes.
Won't you share your dessert? Here's how:
- Submit your favorite family dessert by sending an email to [email protected]. We're looking for simple desserts to whip up and make the dinner table wriggle with excitement. Include a picture of your dessert if you have one!
- Criteria for judging: taste, ease of preparation and cleanup, cost, originality. And since this is about great desserts for FAMILIES, we're also looking for ideas that fit into these categories:
- Made in a single bowl or dish (only one to clean!)
- Whipped up from ingredients you probably have in your pantry
- The kids can make it themselves
- Has a healthy twist
- Great for a bake sale
- Passed down to you as a family recipe (Be sure to share the story.)
- Prize: The three best recipes will be awarded a $100 prize. Plus, up to thirty best dessert recipes will be featured on Cozi for everyone to enjoy.
- Judging: A panel of judges will choose the top recipes, which we will prepare and hold a kid taste-test to pick the winners!
- You may submit up to three recipes per family.
- Complete contest rules
Submit your dessert recipe today! Send it to [email protected].
Good Luck! We can't wait to taste your recipes!
The results are in!
First, we would like to congratulate ALL the moms, dads, relatives, teachers, administrators and fans who rallied their schools to participate. The response was truly fantastic:
- Over 4,000 separate entries
- More than 2,300 schools represented
- More than 50% of schools had more than one entry
We were excited and frankly moved to see this level of community spirit in our schools. It is a measure of the commitment of parents and communities to our schools that this was such a success. THANK YOU for all the hard work you do every day to support our kids' education.
This year, none of the schools received more than 100 valid entries*, but we still had many schools that received dozens of entries. Way to go!
And now for the winners:
1. Riverview Elementary, Denville, NJ - winning entry from Robin Walles
2. Doris Place Elementary, Los Angeles, CA - winning entry from Anita Seneres
3. Spring Trail Elementary, Carol Stream, IL - winning entry from Aimee Sieczka
Congratulations to all!
In addition, honorable mention for getting many, many entries goes to:
Banks Road Elementary, Raleigh, NC
Bixby North Elementary, Bixby, OK
Crest Hill Elementary, Casper, WY
Farmington Woods Elementary, Cary, NC
Iroquois Point Elementary School, Ewa Beach, HI
Keith Elementary, Cypress, TX
Lake Magdalene Elementary, Tampa, FL
Livonia New York - for entries from their elementary, middle AND high schools
Miller Heights Elementary School, Belton, TX
Morse Elementary School, Troy, Michigan
Odyssey Charter School, Newnan, GA
Pinecrest Prepatory Academy, Miami, FL
Sebastian Charter Junior High, Sebastian, FL
South Central Elementary School, Canonsburg, PA
Starling Elementary, Grayson, GA
Wasatch Peak Elementary, North Salt Lake, Utah
Thank you you again for your enthusiasm and participation. We look forward to giving away more sponsorship money next year and continuing to find ways to support schools, kids and families. Best wishes for a succesful (and organized!) school year to everyone!
- The Cozi team
PS: If you've got a busy family schedule to manage we'd love you to show you how Cozi will help you and your family stay organized throughout the school year. So if you don't already have an account why not check out Cozi now.
*ONLY entries submitted using the official entry form were valid. Entries via the Facebook Wall did not count (to comply with Facebook Rules), unless they were ALSO entered using the official form, and included the name, City and State of the school.