What’s the ONE Thing Better with Blackberries Than Blackberry Pie?
And we’re not talking just pies either. The first release of the Cozi Family Organizer app for BlackBerry is now available for download from the Blackberry App World.
First, the boring but IMPORTANT stuff:
- This initial release only works on OS (Operating System) 5.0 or higher.* You may be able to upgrade your existing phone by contacting your mobile carrier.
- This initial release works only in the United States and Canada. (International apps may follow but we do not have a date for this.)
- There are LOADS of BlackBerry models, and we have tested as many as we can get our hands on, but we surely missed some. So, if you find a bug or a problem, please leave a comment belowt elling us what version of the OS you have and what model phone you have, so we can try to get one and test it.
- Remember, Cozi is MOST useful if you SHARE it, so if you’ve included a spouse, partner or family member into your account, please let them know they can now download the Cozi Family Organizer Blackberry App. Just be sure they know to click on SIGN IN to access the account you’ve already created. (If they click on SIGN UP, they could accidentally create a separate account.)
- If you have trouble setting this up, don’t give up! Go to Cozi support or to the Cozi Facebook page to ask questions or get help.
(Note added 7/16) We have identified a problem that is preventing users of Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) from properly using the Blackberry app. BES means that your BlackBerry is associated with a corporate email account, usually an Exchange account. We are now working to resolve this problem, and will issue an update to the app as quickly as possible to resolve this problem. If you are a BES user, it will be necessary to wait for the update until the update is available to use the app. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.
That’s it! Now just go to the Blackberry App World, download the Cozi Family Organizer app and enjoy the benefits of being organized and connected to your family calendar, grocery lists and to do lists on the go.
Now, the FUN, unimportant stuff:
In honor of the BlackBerry App, here’s a de-li-cious recipe for homemade Blackberry pie. Make one, give it to a busy, frazzled friend, and tell her how Cozi and the Blackberry app are saving your organizational bacon!
Homemade BlackBerry App Pie
1 package frozen pie crusts (What? You want to make your own. Go right ahead.)
3 Tb butter
4-5 cups fresh blackberries
1-2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 – 1 Cup sugar (depending on how sweet the blackberries are)
A few big shakes of cinnamon
1 Tb flour
1 egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Set out the crusts for about 20 minutes to defrost
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium high heat.
- Add the blackberries and stir until they start to cook down a bit.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and sugar on top and stir a bit more.
- Sprinkle flour on top and cook a minute or two more until it gets thick.
- Sprinkle on a few shakes of cinnamon and stir again.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes then pour the whole thing into the pie shell.
- Cover with the other pie shell and pinch the edges together.
- Brush the top with the egg and sprinkle with more sugar. then, poke holes in the top (Don’t skip this part!)
- Bake on 350 for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. (Put a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper on the shelf below to catch drips)
- Serve with ice cream on a hot summer day (oh yeah!)
*If you do not have OS 4.5.0 or higher you will not be able to see the BlackBerry App World on your phone at all. (This is less than 10% of all BlackBerry phones.)
New to Cozi? It’s the simple way to manage your busy family life with a shared calendar and lists that you can access from any mobile device or computer. Sign up for Cozi. It’s FREE!