How to Import Your Mac iCal to Cozi
With the advent of iCloud, we have newer information about using Mac iCal with Cozi. Please check out our latest post: How to Use Cozi with iCal and iCloud.
We know you love your Mac. Here at Cozi, quite a few of us love the Mac too. That’s why we are excited to announce that if you’ve got the new, upgraded Mobile Me, connecting Cozi to a Mac iCal is a piece of cake.
Here’s how to import a Mobile Me calendar right into your Cozi family calendar:
- Open your Mobile Me Calendar at me.com
- Immediately to the right of the calendar name is a small icon. (This is a share icon) Here’s a screenshot with a red arrow showing you where to look.
- Click it to share a public calendar. (Don’t worry, the URL is so complex, it’s basically invisible; No one will ever find it unless you actually share it)
- Mobile Me will generate a URL that ends in .ics
- Highlight that URL and click “copy” to copy it
- Login to Cozi
- Click on Settings (far left column)
- Click on Calendar options (middle)
- Click on Schedules and internet calendars (top row)
- Scroll down and click on Internet Calendars
- Look down to “Add an internet calendar of your own”
- Paste the .ics URL from Mobile Me into the bar
- Click Done!
You will now be able to see anything you enter into your Mobile Me-enabled Mac iCal, right in Cozi.
A few important notes:
Cozi will be reading a feed of your Mac iCal, but you will not be able to edit it in Cozi. To make changes, you will need to go back to the original calendar to do it. There may also be a short time lag between adding data to your iCal and when it gets picked up by the feed. (This is the same for all internet calendar feeds.)
What do you think, pretty cool, right?
PS: How’d we figure it out? A Cozi user told us on the Cozi Facebook page (Thank you DeAnnah Miller Baker!). See… I told you it’s a gold mine over there.
New to Cozi? It’s the simple way to manage your busy family life with a shared calendar and lists that you can access from any mobile device or computer. Sign up for Cozi. It’s FREE!