Finding and adding Internet calendars
What is an Internet calendar?
An Internet calendar is one that's published on the Internet in a standard form that can be read directly by a web site such as Cozi. Types of Internet calendars include:
- Holiday calendars
- Religious calendars
- Schedules from sports teams, social groups, and other organizations
- Calendars from sites such as Google Calendar and Windows Live Calendar. (See Viewing appointments from other online calendars in Cozi.)
By adding an Internet calendar to Cozi, you can see its events in your Cozi calendar alongside your other family appointments.
Adding an Internet calendar to Cozi
Follow these steps to find and add an Internet calendar to your Cozi calendar.
Step 1: Find an Internet calendar
For instructions on retrieving an Internet calendar feed from specific online calendar programs (such as Google), see Connecting Cozi to personal online calendars. To find out if a particular organization, such as Major League Baseball, publishes an Internet calendar, check their web site. You may also find web sites that list public Internet calendars, such as http://icalshare.com, to be helpful in your search.
If you're looking for a school calendar, Cozi has a school calendars feature that helps you find your school and add it to your family's Cozi calendar. See Finding and adding school calendars.
Step 2: Identify the calendar's URL
1. Look for a link or button that says "Download," "iCal" (or "Apple iCal"), or "iCalendar". Some web sites simply display the full URL directly on the web page. Some sites—but not all—
use an icon that looks like this:
2. Move your mouse pointer over the link or button (but do not click it), and then check your browser's status bar to see the URL. If the URL ends in ".ics", you've found the calendar URL.
3. Important: You will need to copy this URL, but do not click the link or button. Instructions for copying the URL are in the next step.
Step 3: Copy the calendar URL to the clipboard
1. Right-click the link or button that displays the URL of the calendar you're interested in. (If you click a link or a button containing an Internet calendar's URL, the calendar may open. Simply close the calendar or the message, return to the web page containing the Internet calendar's URL, and make sure to copy the link, rather than open it.)
2. On the menu that appears, click the Copy command.
Step 4: Paste the calendar URL into Cozi
1. In Cozi, click Settings, and then click Calendar.
2. On the Calendar page, click Schedules and Internet calendars.
3. On the Schedules and Internet calendars page, click Internet calendar.
4. Use your browser's Paste command to paste the URL into the text box in the Calendar URL: box in the Add an Internet calendar of your own section.
5. Click Add to add the Internet calendar to your Cozi account.